Today, the concept of business casual can be a stretch, because each employee’s working conditions are different. So many jobs, so many rules, including in the aspect of clothing, are constantly changing, the boundaries between one and the other blur and become almost imperceptible. In this article, we’ll try to figure out what business casual is today.
What is business casual for men?
Below we show a few examples of what is business casual for men, some of the obligatory, some of them not.
- Shirts: the shirt should be long-sleeved, buttoned-up with buttons that are a different color than the shirt. White is the most formal color, so you should wear it only for business meetings. The main thing is that it should not be wrinkled
- Blazer: The main difference between a blazer and a blazer is that you can combine it with any piece of clothing, while a blazer will only work with classic pants
- Pants: The most acceptable color for pants is khaki, as well as pants made of a material that does not wrinkle. In warm seasons you can wear cotton and in wintertime wool. The pants should be as long as the shoe line
- Socks – it would be best to avoid sporty emblems. But if they will be with patterns
- Shoes: shoes, loafers or booties are great. Booties and sneakers are best not to wear
- Accessories: a leather belt and a wristwatch look classy, upstanding, and simple. Don’t wear a lot of jewelry, it will look tacky
- Outerwear: Here it is easier to say what not to wear. Sweatshirts and sports jackets do not fit into the business casual style
What is business casual for women?
For women should choose these items of clothing:
- Shirt: it is best to choose blouses and shirts of solid color. You can also wear, tops, but necessarily in combination with a jacket or cardigan, as well as sleeveless shirts
- Pants: choose classic colors like black, gray, and brown, you can use corduroy material. Short pants are also allowed
- Dresses and skirts: they should be slightly above the knee or cover it completely. It is better not to wear sundresses, they are more suitable for a walk than for a business office style
- Hosiery and socks: Capron tights are quite acceptable, but it is better to choose solid colors.
- Footwear: formal shoes, with or without a heel, closed-toe ballerinas, and leather shoes. Sandals and flip-flops are not suitable, remember that business shoes should cover most of the foot
- Accessories: Just as in the case with men, the jewelry should be present to a minimum. A simple bag and a scarf in the color of the shirt will also work with this style
- Outerwear: Identical to men, don’t wear a sporty top
Are jeans business casual is a very burning question. It all depends on the color and material you choose, as well as company rules. Shabby and ripped jeans in no way fit the business casual style, but the classic colors and straight cut will perfectly complement the image.